Welcome to My Blog!

Hey, what's up, visitor! Hope you guys enjoy what you're doing here. Please leave you comment and say what you need to say. If you have anything for my blog, feel free to send it to:
anisa.khoiria@gmail.com
I'll be waiting for ya!!!
Enjoy...

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bitter End...


High School Chemistry Class, long time ago…
 “this is the general structure of peptide bond, where it also has amine group …” the teacher kept mumbling in front of the class as if everybody knew what she was talking about. Yeah, right! I had been listening for hours and all I could hear was just general structure and group.
 blah, blah, blah … she kept talking and talking, it’s frustrating me knowing that I got nothing from whatever she said. I bravely raised my hand, and she noticed.
 “yes?” she said
 “I have a question, do we get to see what it looks like?” I said firmly.
 “the what?” she asked again
 “whatever it is you’re talking about,” I said. “I mean, you keep talking about the bonds and groups, I’m just curious, does it really look like that?”
 “no, of course not. I only made this scheme so that you can understand it better,” she said.
 I could feel everyone’s eye on me as if I was the stupidest kid in the whole world, “I don’t see how the scheme made it understandable.”
 Then, I saw flames rooted on her eyes, “well, you shouldn’t imagine it exactly like that,” she answered. “we can’t really see the structure, we can just imagine.”
 “so, what you’ve been doing this whole time is telling us how to imagine a structure?” I asked again.
 “understand it! To be exact, “she said.
 Well, what do you know of teacher like that! “what’s the point of learning stuff if we can’t really see what it looks like.”
 The next thing I knew, I was arguing with that teacher who I’m considered as a witch in this class, I couldn’t see why she’s the favorite chemistry teacher, I never picked her!
 “yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah,” she kept telling me how stupid and incompetent I was. 
 “you know what, I think you should learn more by yourself, others need to finish this subject,” she finally said.
 Did she just ‘indirectly’ ask me to get out of the class? Perhaps the right statement in SHE KICKED ME OUT OF THE CLASS! Her furious tone sickened me, so I rose from the chair and headed to the door. Bye, my ‘lovely’ chemistry class…oh please, like I’m gonna miss it, no way!
 See my point? Wanna be a good teacher? Do not KICK OUT a curious and incompetent student!

1 comment: